#5 Lead Paint
Here’s a threat you probably don’t hear too much about these days unless you are buying or selling an older house. When it was discovered that children were getting sick from eating small chips of lead paint peeling off of homes, lead paint was banned from use in U.S. homes in 1978. There are still homes that contain lead paint, and the threat is not just from eating the peeling chips. Peeling lead paint can also release particles into the air which can be inhaled by both children and adults.
(continued on next page)